Now that we are playing golf again and the community is back on the path towards ‘normal’, I felt that we need to check in with our membership and clarify where we are with a few things that have come up over the last 6 to 8 weeks.
In this communication I would like to address the facts around our shut down and clarify some things that a few members have raised.
- Our shut down period lasted for 6 weeks.
- We continued to incur the cost of maintaining our whole facility.
- During that period when some member renewals were due, and some were considering whether they would rejoin, the club did offer an incentive to encourage as many as possible to renew. In a way trying to help those who may have been badly effected by the shutdown.
- A number of members did not rejoin.
- A number of members withheld their membership payment until they knew what going to happen.
So, now reflecting on what happened and the impact on the club, which has been enormous, softened by the help of Jobkeeper we need to clarify what the club will do for members. The way we reviewed this was, if we did anything at all it had to conform to these principles:
- Help those members who really needed it.
- It had to be affordable by the club
After due thought and consideration this is what we think is in line with the principles above.
- Members will need to opt in to receive any rebate by contacting the office to apply for that rebate. That means, if you do not apply then you will not receive it. All applications to be made by email to email@example.com. Please do not phone the Office as they are still working on limited rosters.
- The offer applies to all members that are financial as at 31st May 2020.
- The offer will be closed off by 30th June 2020.
- Rebate is 10% of the fees that you paid, minus house account and affiliation and insurance fees, and will be put on your House account and cannot be taken as cash or offset against future fees. The Policy that relates to the use of the House account is on the website or available at the office.
We have done it this way, as in recent days and weeks, many members have contacted the club to say they did not want to receive any rebate so they could assist the clubs finances.
We understand we are in unusual times and some are more badly effected than others, so please take time to think about your own personal circumstances, compare them to others and then conduct yourself accordingly.
Our staff are carrying out the wishes of the Board so please have those conversations with them in a respectful way.
In the meantime, social distancing is required at all times throughout our community and if we keep doing this in the correct way, we will get back to normal sooner rather than later.
Rossdale Golf Club
Sixth Avenue, Aspendale VIC 3195
Ph: (03) 9580 1008