Cathie is a 43 year member of Rossdale and has been the most consistent competitor at our club.
Over the years Cathie has been offered memberships to some very prestigious golf clubs for her obvious golfing prowess but has remained loyal and committed to Rossdale. Her name graces not only our Club Championship boards 26 times, our Foursomes Championship board 24 times but also many other golf clubs several times over.
Even though in recent years health she has had some health issues, she still managers to get in her car and drive from Footscray to enjoy her golf right here at Rossdale. If you have the chance to play a round of golf with Cathie, you will be regaled in stories and philosophy! She is incredibly kind and encouraging to all members as well as being incredibly astute in her knowledge of the game.
Cathie Maggio is more than worthy of Life Membership and is our first, but not last, female Life Member.
- Have remained firm and are rolling very well.
- Have received applications of fertilizer and preventative fungicides
- Are starting to pool water quickly when it rains.
- This is a sign that they are in need of hollow-tyning which will increase infiltration. This is scheduled for the 21st of October.
- By raising the cutting heights we have aimed to give the Poa Annua a chance to cover wear areas, however the tees have struggled with the volume of golf being played over winter.
- Once the kikuyu starts to grow again as the ground temperature warms we will look at lowering the cutting height giving kikuyu a competitive edge through the growing season.
- We have engaged the assistance of an agronomist for sandier profile fairways which have struggled in recent times. On inspection of the poorer performing fairways, it was discovered we have had mite (Aceria cynodoniensis) damage. These mites feed on the turf making it weaker and more susceptible to disease and weed invasion.
- With our agronomist we have devised a plan of attack which will concentrate on eliminating the mites and strengthening the health of the plant, more so than fighting the disease. This program will eliminate the cause of the problem rather than aiming to treat the symptoms. We expect the fairways to dramatically improve as the weather warms and this plan is implemented.
The 2019 Captain’s Night will be held in conjunction with the 70th anniversary of the Rossdale Golf Club on Saturday the 21st of September. The night will include a range of entertainment including a ten piece New Orleans jazz band, canapes, two courses and an unlimited drinks package, all of which will tie in with the night’s 1920s underground speakeasy theme. We hope to see you there. It sure will be a fantastic evening celebrating both the captain and the proud history of the club.
This event is booking out fast!!! Please remember that 5 & 6 day members can play in the competition on Saturday the 21st of September free of charge if they are attending the night.
Click here to book today to ensure you don’t miss out on the greatest day & night on the Rossdale calendar!
Rossdale is offering a school holiday program which is open to all juniors. The program will cover all aspects of the game with our very own PGA Professionals Michael Moore & Peter Manzie.
The dates for each of the clinics are Wednesday 25th of September and Wednesday 2nd of October.
The cost is $40 per session. Each session will include a warm up, chipping and bunkers, pitching, full swing and putting. Morning tea will be provided!
Punters Club & AFL Grand Final @ Rossdale!
THE BEST EVENT OF THE YEAR FOR ALL OF THE LOCAL COMMUNITY! $20 TICKETS WITH THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!
We had over 200 people attend our Melbourne Cup Day in 2018! We have no doubt that this year will be even BIGGER and BETTER than last year!
Gourmet BBQ, Races lives on the big screen all day, KIDS EAT FREE, DJ on the deck afterwards! Don’t miss another unforgettable event at Rossdale. BOOK HERE!
Entries are now open for the 2019 Corporate Cup. This is best day of the year for golf, food and beverage.
Bookings will only be accepted with an upfront payment due to the high demand.
There will be a guest speaker for the night, and we promise it is an event not to be missed.
Last years event was SOLD OUT 3 months prior so be quick to secure your spot.
- MEMBERS LUCKY DRAW JACKPOT $500
- HAPPY HOUR 5PM-7PM
- FOOTY ON THE BIG SCREEN!
- POTS OF BEER FROM $2.40
- ALL HOUSE WINES $2.90
A prime cut of porterhouse steak cooked to your liking with chips and salad is unbelievable value at $19.90.
Book your table now for an incredible meal, affordable drinks and possibly WIN SOME MONEY! 9580 1008
Additional Member News
On the Grand Final Eve Public Holiday, Friday the 27th of September, the kitchen will not be open for bistro meals. The bar will run as per normal with members draw and happy hour from 5pm-7pm.
Fill your divots, repair your pitchmarks and keep up with the group in front!